Hepcats’ Fever is a festival to celebrate jazz and share the joy of dancing. In order to have a safe and pleasant environment for all, we believe it’s important to review a few basic points on respect and consent.
- EVERYONE IS WELCOME
- Regardless of gender, faith, sexual orientation, social background, physical aptitude, origin, or dancing skills. Diversity enrichens the environment, so celebrate them! Behaviors that incite, promote or consist of discriminatory practices will not be tolerated.
- HARASSMENT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
- In case you witness or be victim of harassment, or of a coercive or abusive behavior, contact the event staff or ask someone you trust to contact us so we can take the appropriate measures. In case you’re still in doubt about what harassment is, please take 5 minutes of your time and check this page
- BE ALERT TO CONSENT
- Be respectful when asking someone to dance and understand that the answer could be no, and know how to take that answer politely. Remember that a dance is a three-minute conversation between you, your partner and the song, and sometimes we don’t really want to talk - and that’s NOT a problem. Dancing with someone or finding a great connection with a partner means nothing but these things. Understand that what is acceptable during a dance may not be so out of it. In case you’re still in doubt about what consent means, watch this video.
- RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE’S LIMITS
- Don’t force complicated movements, or far too close ones when your partner shows uncomfort.
- BE CAREFUL AND ALERT ON THE FLOOR
- You’re not the only one dancing. Don’t do steps that might put your partner and the others’ safety in jeopardy. Adapt your dancing to the quantity of other couples dancing around you in order to avoid accidents, and be polite in case of crashing.
- BE RESPONSIBLE WITH ALCOHOLIC DRINKS
- And other substances. Your space awareness, strength, and coordination may be harmed, and you may hurt yourself and others around you. Know your limits and ask for help if necessary - to ask for a taxi, a meal, or locate your personal belongings.
The event staff reserves the right to remove from the event any participant in violation of these rules.